I love green beans and love pesto even more! So when I found this recipe for Crispy Green Beans with Pesto, I knew the first bite would make me feel as if I was in heaven! This recipe is the perfect side dish or salad. The smell of fresh basil, garlic just makes me smile and I want to lick the pesto off the spoon! I prefer to make homemade pesto but I have also found some really delicious ready-made pestos. I recommend buying the top shelf brand as the ingredients will be fresh and have a more bold taste.
I always make sure there is something green to eat every night with dinner. My family loves fresh green beans but I have used frozen when they aren’t in season. I love the simplicity of fresh steamed green beans…until I tasted them drizzled with flavorful pesto. This combo is one I will keep on hand and share with all my friends. An added bonus is that it’s a low carb side dish. My family drooled over it the last time I made it. And get this, there are so many ways to spice it up with add in’s. Add quinoa, brown rice or even whole grain pasta for a unique side dish.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed and chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 cup homemade pesto (store-bought is fine but just not as good and healthy as homemade!)
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Cook garlic on medium-high heat for about 30 seconds, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add beans to the same skillet and sauté for about 6 minutes or until beans are cooked but still crispy. Return garlic to the skillet and cook an additional 30 seconds (just enough to quickly reheat garlic). Remove from skillet and cool down a bit.
- Toss with pesto, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
- Basil Pesto recipe