This fresh and tasty shrimp stir-fry is packed with colorful veggies. Serve with ½ cup cooked brown rice if desired (adds 109 calories).
Total Time: 29 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 14 min.
Yield: 4 servings, about 1½ cups each
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 medium red onions, sliced in wedges
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, thinly chopped
¾ cup broccoli florets
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. rice vinegar
4 Tbsp. low sodium organic chicken broth, divided use
3 cups mushrooms, cut in half
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into cubes
½ cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
2½ cups snow peas, trimmed
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
3. Add garlic, ginger, and broccoli; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and 2 Tbsp. chicken broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, water chestnuts, and remaining 2 Tbsp. broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add snow peas and shrimp; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp and shrimp is opaque and firm.