When it is cold outside I love to make a warm and yummy dinner! Don’t get me wrong I love my salads and fruit but something about a warm bowl of soup that just gets me!
With the holidays coming up soon the kids will be out of school so here are a few warm and cozy healthy family dinners that you will love. These recipes are perfect for just an evening with the kiddos or if you have family from out of town. They are so easy to double to make more for everyone! 🙂
Try these four healthy family dinners out and let me know what you think!
1. Vegan Corn Chowder– Loaded with lots of veggies and tons of flavor.
2.Pesto Chicken Zoodles- A healthy low calorie version of chicken pesto pasta. You and your family will love this meal.
- 3 Zucchini, inspiralized
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
-Grill chicken and cherry tomatoes, combine pesto with zoodles. Mix Chicken and tomatoes with zoodles and enjoy. 🙂
3. Stuffed Bell Peppers– Amazingly delicious meal full of yummy Mexican style flavors. One of my favorites that I make all the time!
4. Easy Crockpot Spaghetti Squash– This recipe is so easy and my kids love it! A healthy version of spaghetti with out all the carbs. Your family will love it!
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- 1 can Spaghetti sauce
- Turkey meatballs (I typically make my own, but to save time, I found these delicious frozen gems at target)
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 Tsp minced garlic
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half then remove the inside seeds.
- Place face down in 1/2 the sauce.
- Put frozen meatballs & remained of sauce in & stir.
- Add additional seasonings if desired.
- Cook in crockpot on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours. Or bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes.