Here is the 911 you need to know about losing fat, keeping it off and making serious changes! Give these 5 Tips to Lose Fat a shot to feel & look your best!
1. Make YOU a priority! Just as you schedule doctor appointments, lunches with friends and even date night, you must schedule your workouts and make your health a top priority! For me, because I am a busy mom of 3 kiddos, I have to schedule my workout at 5:45 am in order to get in for the day. Some days it’s a beating to get out of bed, but it sure is rewarding once the workout is over! I am thankful my workouts are only 30 minutes!
2. Add food to your daily diet, don’t subtract. I typically follow the rule of 5 to 6 meals per day. That means feeding your body every 3 hours. One client said, “It’s like I’m snacking all day long.” When you deprive yourself food, your body goes into starvation mode and will never let go of the fat! However, eating more food throughout the day, like lean protein, Greek yogurt and raw almonds will actually help your body burn fat and accelerate weight loss. Check out ==>> 9 Clean Eating Tips for the Whole Family <<==
3. Lighten up the foods you already love! My role model Tosca Reno, author of The Eat Clean Diet has taught me all I know about clean eating. But let’s remember baby steps… One of the easiest ways to lose fat is to cut back and clean up the foods you love. Rather than giving up pizza all together, add a large salad to the mix with only 1 slice of pizza.
Fiber and protein make you feel full and keep you full longer, so you can easily amp up the pizza bu adding a cup of peppers and grilled chicken on the pie. Don’t forget to kick the high cal sodas and mixed drinks to the curb. Replace with water and be sure to squeeze lemon for added zing!
4. Get your body moving! If typical exercise class or gym routines leave you bored or unmotivated… change things up! Circuit training is my favorite, but anytime you can combine weights with cardio you are sure to sizzle fat much quicker than sitting in front of the TV!
We can’t always schedule workouts, so here are other easy ways to squeeze in exercise are:
- Trade your power mower for a push version.
- Park your car at the back of the lot.
- Get out of the office building and enjoy walking meetings.
- Sweep the drive or rake the leaves instead of using a leaf-blower.
- Get off the bus a few stops earlier.
- Hike the mall, being sure to hit all the levels.
- Take the stairs every chance you get.
- Sign up for charity walks.
- Crank the music and get your heart rate up the next time you mop or vacuum.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- Walk tot he local park to play with the kiddos.
- Take a 5-10 brisk walk around the neighborhood first thing in the morning.
5. Gulp up your water! Aim for 3 liters per day!
- Helps with metabolism,
- Helps organs absorb nutrients,
- Detoxifies the body,
- Keeps skin moist and plump (when dehydrated, skin is dry and wrinkly)
- Helps with digestion
- Helps lose weight
[button link=”http://karmanelsonfitness.com/let-me-coach-you/beachbody-challenge/21-day-challenge/” type=”big” color=”green”] Are you ready to transform your body? [/button]