Zucchini Pizza Boats
Any time I can make “pizza-type” recipes my family loves it! It’s a great way to get them to eat veggies too! I doubled this recipe and we barely had leftovers! Everyone asked me to make it again. That’s all this busy Mama can ask for…a sure hit for dinner and snacks!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup low-fat Parmesan
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- dash of salt and pepper
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and cut 1/4 inch off each side with skin still on so that it has a flat side to sit on.
- Scoop out the center of the wider side where the seeds are with a spoon
- Arrange in a baking dish, then bush the surface with a mixture of crushed garlic, sun-dried tomato flakes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle tomato sauce over the zucchini then layer pepperoni slices (optional) and sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then for five more minutes without the foil.