The perfect dish for Meatless Monday! The kids will love these Vegetarian Mexican Salad Boats. They are loaded with super-foods and have this nice surprising crunch with a burst of flavor.
15 Vegetarian Mexican Salad Boats:
- 1 bunch romaine hearts, rinsed and separated
- 1 sweet potato, finely diced
- 1 TBSPN cumin
- TBSPN chili powder
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz) can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- 5 TBSPN extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- Heat 2 TBSPNs oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the sweet potatoes, cumin, chili powder, a pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Saute about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 Tbs. oil, juice from the lime, cilantro and another pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the beans, corn, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and radishes. Toss, toss.
- Pour in the dressing and toss to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into each romaine boat and top with diced avocado and more cilantro, if desired.