The weather is finally starting to cool off here in Texas and that means my crockpot is my best friend! When it is nice and cold outside who doesn’t love a nice bowl of Chili?
I’m usually not big on meat but my hubby and kids love it so here is a healthy clean eating crockpot turkey chili! I like to use turkey as my meat choice because you still get that meatiness but with less fat!
Feel free to add more or leave out things to your liking.
Clean Eating Crockpot Turkey Chili Recipe:
- 2 lbs. 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1 large red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic and ground turkey to a large pan and cook thoroughly. Drain liquid from pan.
- Add the meat mixture to the crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients starting with the water. Stir until blended.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or 6 to 8 hours on low.