One of my favorite chicken dishes which is normally loaded with calories. This recipe keeps the savory flavors but lightens it up a bit! I think your family will love this flavorful chicken piccata recipe is topped with mushrooms, artichokes, and capers. It has 27 grams of protein per serving and only 240 calories.
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: 4 servings
4 (4-oz.) each raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
½ cup low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
6 Tbsp. capers
1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add flour and seal. Shake to coat chicken.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken, cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
4. Add garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Add lemon juice, broth, capers, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms; cook, turning chicken halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.