Get ready! This is so easy…and so delicious! It’s truly the best easy roast chicken you will ever make or taste.
Roasting a chicken doesn’t have to be a special weekend affair, either. A small bird really only takes about an hour to cook, so I can easily make it on a weeknight. Put it in the oven when you get home from work and let it cook while you wind down from the day.
This is my staple roast chicken recipe that I make when I need something that is sure to be a hit with even the most pickiest of eaters. The marinade is simple and savory…made with soy sauce, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic and onions. Easy recipes are always my favorites and I hope your family loves this one as much as mine does!
Never underestimate the power of a roast chicken. It’s an infallible Sunday dinner, and the leftovers (if you’re so lucky) can be used for quick meals all week long.
- 1 whole free-range or corn fed chicken, broken down into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- handful of fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In a large baking dish, combine all the ingredients except chicken and parsley to make the marinade. Toss the chicken with the marinade. Season chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken pieces skin side up and roast for 30 minutes until it begins to brown. Remove and baste with marinade. Flip pieces and bakea remaining 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with lots of fresh parsley
Makes 6 servings.