Year round I am always looking for healthy alternative to satisfy my appetite. Come holiday season though, I am seriously on the hunt!! There are always holiday parties and traveling going on during this time that can throw our normal eating habits off track. I’ve let myself fall into this before and it ends up throwing my body off back and then it takes me weeks or months to recover! No fun!
I found this recipe for a super delicious Autumn Kale Salad packed with apples, quinoa, and yummy feta cheese! I am so excited to pull this one out for Thanksgiving and Christmas! The apple and walnut will make it a great complimentary side to the turkey and roasted sweet potatoes. Yummy!
Autumn Kale Salad
- 1/2 cup tricolor dry quinoa
- 6 cups slightly packed chopped kale
- 2 sweet red apples, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt